Monday, February 13, 2012

{ craving color }

I think I'm just really craving Spring, to be honest. This weekend was especially cold with a dose of the white stuff.  And although it was sunny, it was a brutal reminder that Spring is still awhile off, at least in these parts. I want to see flowers blooming out my front window! That's not happening anytime soon, so I'm going to just have to cultivate some colorful things right here...

This space is getting the job done. This booth by Canada's Style at Home magazine at last year's Toronto Design Show is UN-BELIEVE- ABLE.  I've had these images saved in my 'eye candy' file for over a year, and I could still look at them pretty much all day.  Their use of happy, bright hues and the mix of patterns is downright smile-inducing.


This is a trade show booth, people!  I want to move right in and never leave. Who needs a fourth wall and a ceiling? ;)  Love this tablescape.


Check out the incredibly ingenious use of paint can lids.


How great are this paint cans-turned-pendant-lights? Oh, and those fantastic stripey floors have been copied time and again since this show.


A view of the third wall. Love that bold green.


I think this mural is really quite lovely.

* Style at Home booth at IDS Toronto 2011, designed by Margot Austin in collaboration with Beauti-Tone Paints. painted mural by Alanna Cavanagh

Pin It              I hope your week is off to a colorful start too!

1 comment:

VashtiCouture said...

I am completely in love with this! Maybe I can move in to?? I think I may try the paint can lid art (or something similar) in my craft room.