Monday, January 23, 2012

{ blowing kisses }

I figure it's about time to start thinking about Valentine's Day, don't you?  And who doesn't enjoy celebrating a day dedicated to all things sweetness and LOVE?!?  Boy, there sure are a lot of fantastically creative DIY ideas out there these days!  It certainly is a nice change from the lame, character-laden paper Valentines I remember giving and getting as a child.  Jack had big ideas about giving "bubbles AND candy" to his friends, and so we came up with these little goodies to give out to our little group of friends, as well as his preschool class.


 The boys helped me assemble the little treat bags full of bubbles and Hershey kisses, and only insisted on sampling one chocolate each.
  I thought that was more than fair ;)


We bought our itsy-bitsy, red bubbles from Party City and the cello bags from Michael's.


And I thought, just in case you want to make some of these for your little friends too, I'd go ahead and share the printable toppers I made.
You can download them here.
 (make sure to click 'Download Original' for the highest quality)
Can you tell I received Photoshop as a Christmas gift?!!  Excited!!!
Pin It
What kind of Valentine goodies are you planning on giving this year?  

19 comments:

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

oh rachel, you are on fire lately!!! i am just loving all this graphic goodness!!!! you got it girl. ;)

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Oh and I can tell about that photoshop gift. Nice work!

all things bean said...

so happy you got photoshop! and daunted by usual at your organization (it's still Jan you know) & creativity! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for this...you just made my crazy, busy life so much easier and you are going to make me look "so good" when my son brings these to his class! You are amazing!

Cindy said...

I have been searching for a long time for something fun and appropriate for my wee little one to take to his kindermusik friends. These are PERFECT!!! LOVE them! Thanks for sharing the cute idea & download!!

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Hooray, Emerson Grey Designs and Cindy! I'm so happy that you found these useful. Happy Valentine's Day! ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute!

beth said...

I found these on Pinterest and adore them! I've been trying to print them out in Photoshop...not working. Any other way??

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Hi Beth. Glad you like them! I suggest opening them in Adobe Acrobat Reader. It should print out without any issues.

beth said...

For some reason it just keeps printing blank. I'm a photoshop wiz, but do not do acrobat. Cannot seem to transfer image.

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Hi Beth. Please email me at polkadotsandpuppies@gmail.com, and I'll gladly email you the file.

Kinzie Bean said...

These are so cute!! Maybe I will do this for my class. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for these printables. I showed my 4 and 6 year old nieces a bunch of ideas that I pinned on Pinterest and they chose these! I printed out the headers and I'm so excited to make these with them. I can't wait! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I'm glad I found this because I wanted to do bubbles for my son's class too! One question, I am having a hard time adding the "love, Jordan" (my son's name) at the bottom. Any ideas???

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

So happy you love them, Brenda and Shavaun. You would be able to edit these in the full version of Adobe Acrobat or Photoshop, if you have either of those programs. Otherwise, you could have your child write his name on the back. That's what we're doing this year. Great writing practice!

jenair said...

My son wanted to do bubbles AND candy for his first grade class this year....your darling Valentine fit the bill perfectly! Thank you so much for sharing! He will be writing his classmates' names and his name on the back. We love it!

Angie said...

Love Love Love the Blowing kisses Valentine Theme! And love your sweet models! Adorable! This year I totally rolled with the Bubbles idea too! Clearly I have some learning to do with the photoshop when it comes to graphics. ;) Anyway...beautifully done!

http://www.alovestudio.com/2013/02/adaloves-bubble-valentines.html

Unknown said...

Love this idea and your design! Thanks for sharing!
I just found you on Pinterest and will be back for more. I'm caught up in the cuteness of your sons - so adorable! And their names...my own son is Jack Grant, so now I'm really coming back for more :-)

Unknown said...

fitflops
salomon boots
louis vuitton outlet online
discount oakley sunglasses
pandora jewelry
polo ralph lauren outlet online
yeezy boost 350
broncos jerseys
michael kors outlet store
toms outlet
xushengda0523