Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{ wednesday wrap session }

I've mentioned before that I love wrapping gifts. Sometimes I surprise myself, and I think ahead enough to make something like this. But, for the most part, I am really not a planner.  And so a lot of times, I end up wrapping a birthday gift a couple hours before the party like most of the world. I still want it to be pretty, but I'm also a big believer in "use-what-you-have crafting".  So usually I just grab whatever I have laying around to pull together my gift wrapping.  I had some maps that I used to decorate Jack's room, and so I used those to make this pleated flower fan.  This seemed pretty appropriate because the four-year-old recipient of this present is quite the traveler, and even has an upcoming trip to Australia planned.  Lucky little lady!

Pin It
The circle in the center is just the scalloped inner portion of a paper doily with a dotty 'V' sticker glued into a felt circle.   Pretty and easy - my favorite kind of crafty fun. ;)

3 comments:

Allyson McGuire said...

Ok this is seriously the cutest wrapping I have ever seen. This makes me kind of embarrassed to think about the sad state of some of our presents. Thanks for the inspiration!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

your kid's friends are so lucky! how fun to open such a pretty gift!

Unknown said...

tory burch outlet online
ed hardy uk
chaussures louboutin
true religion jeans
michael kors outlet canada
michael kors outlet clearance
red bottom
louis vuitton handbags
hollister clothing
air max 90
xushengda0523