Friday, January 20, 2012

{ i spy a diy - shoe sugar }


Shoe clips are making a crafty comeback like nobody's business.  Have you noticed?  I feel like I'm seeing them everywhere lately!  That really had me wanting to make some shoe sugar of my own.  I had a few spare minutes to make these last week, and they could not have been easier!  Now I have two pretty options for dressing up my $5 clearance Target suede flats.
 Um, yes please. ;)


Pin ItMy apologies about that terrible cell phone pic of those Jolee's boutique flowers. I picked those up at Michael's for 99 cents.  They were screaming to be adorning some cute ballet flats, in my opinion.  I picked up my shoe clip hardware from here.  The sparkley clip-ons you see in #2 were fashioned from some cheapo Forever 21 earrings that I'd had for a while. I had to use epoxy for those guys because hot glue just wasn't going to cut it when trying to adhere metal-to-metal.  

Need some more shoe clip DIY inspiration?  There are so many lovely ideas out there!
(click on the image to go to the source)




Not a 'clip', but a darling shoe refashion, nonetheless

h a p p y    w e e k e n d !

3 comments:

Allyson McGuire said...

Oh my goodness these are sooooo cute! I am a sucker for any craft with a glue gun. Thanks for sharing!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love this! I think I'm headed for Target and Michael's today ;)

Jessie said...

How fun!!!! I will have to check the clearance at Target next time I go.