Friday, January 6, 2012

{ winter sunshine }

The winters in my area of the country are long and GRAY.  Honestly, the lack of sunshine is difficult to handle sometimes!  It's barely January, and I already find myself looking for ways to make things a little brighter around here. I have been planning on painting my front door a lovely, sunny yellow, but I never got around to actually doing it while the weather was warm enough. Darn. In the meantime, I tried to add a few touches of yellow to make it a bit cheerier.
That's a dollar store wreath that I wrapped with strips of black and white striped ticking fabric.  I had some fabric leftover from this project.  I added some yellow and gray fabric flowers too.
Pin It
And that will just have to do until spring time comes, and I can whip out my paint brush and tackle a major makeover :)
How do you deal with the winter blahs at your house?

h a p p y   w e e k e n d !

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Very cute! I love the yellow planters! I don't miss those gray winter skies, I know exactly what you are talking about!!!

Kelli said...

Yellow is a wonderful way to be cheery during these gray days. It's my favorite color! I just try to go as many projects inside as I can...to make this time productive.

Allyson McGuire said...

Cute! I love to use yellow, and this is just perfect for the winter. It's sunny without being out of season.

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

i love the scallops at the top of the window on your door. so cute! i think your door will be adorable yellow. can't wait for your weather to warm up! ;)