Monday, April 2, 2012

{ boys & cupcakes }

They just go together, ya know?


I decided to bake a batch of my husband's now famously delicious cuppycakes during naptime yesterday. Then I set out some bowls of Easter candies and sprinkles, and we went to town decorating them. Jack took this task very seriously and even gave some piping lessons to little Grant.


I found this stuff called "edible Easter grass" at Target.  Right. I'm gonna say that's debatable.  It tasted like wax.  It's pretty though.


I had a little too much fun with my own decorating.  I've told you about how my very first job was in a bakery, right?


I thought I'd share how my hubby makes his crazy delicious, insanely moist, doctored-up, from-a-box, vanilla cupcakes.  Here's how we do things at our house....

Pin It  
        Oh, and we love this recipe for irresistible chocolate                                            cupcakes. Happy baking!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Those cupcakes and faces are adorable :)

I'm totally trying out this recipe! Thanks!

Giesta said...

The cupcakes look just great and the recipe apresentation was just fantastic! I wanna try it! :-)
giesta-giesta.blogspot.pt

Alison F. said...

Those cupcakes are adorable!! Your little men are too :0) What does the melted butter add to the cupcakes? It looks delish. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Thanks, gals ;)

Alison, the melted butter gives them a very rich, buttery taste. Of course, it also adds moisture :)