Monday, August 30, 2010

{ lovely london }

I've been feeling a tad down lately because at this time last year we were gearing up for our fantastic trip to London. I so wish I could visit again soon, but that is not in the cards, I'm afraid. I'll have to settle for a virtual visit. Looking at these images is cheering me up just a bit. This whimsical London city map has been on my wish list for over a year. The original was hand cut by the artist. Hand cut!
This illustration has a retro, funky feeling about it, doncha think? Big Ben in all his glory.
One of my favorite parts of our trip was making our way to the Portabello Road Market, where the goods offered range from the bizarre...
to the cute as can be...
Have you noticed the Union Jack trend in home decor? These dressers seem to be all the rage right now. This picture is from my friend's charming shop, Jamboree of Whitley Bay, in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England. Sadly, we weren't able to visit in person on our trip last year. But we now have a little piece of the UK in our home as well. Mr. Jack sleeps with and cherishes his very own Union Jack pillow, courtesy of our wonderful friend, Elfie

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Lovely post! We can not wait to go.

Kelli said...

Well I hope you get back there very soon.