Wednesday, April 20, 2011

{ 3650 days }

To my husband, the kindest, most decent man I've ever known,

3650 days ago today, you and I were married. 3398 days before that, you told me you were going to marry me one day. I didn't believe you. I was only 14 for Pete's sake! Even way back then, I didn't believe in fairy tales or happily-ever-afters. No, I'm far too sarcastic for that. ;) But you believed, and just like most times, you were right, too.
Thank goodness for that.
 I love you, Mr. Polkadotsandpuppies. Happy 10th anniversary!
You know, forever is a really long time. Lucky for us, huh?

*It occurred to me just now that I could write pretty much anything that I want here, because chances are that said wonderful (and very busy!) husband will probably never read these words. In that case, I suppose it wouldn't make sense to say that I would love him even more, if say, for instance, he would just go ahead and get started on our basement playroom project already. ;)

5 comments:

Carmen said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you! Wow, he knew at 14! What a beautiful story.... May you have many many more years of happiness!

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary. Glad that your hubby knew you were going to be his wife...how sweet!

Laura said...

How beautiful! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Anne said...

first time commenting: Happy anniversary! Just found your blog..LOVE IT :)

Lisa said...

Adorable couple THEN and NOW. ;)