Monday, July 25, 2011

{ i spy a diy- fun fabric flower }


One day last week there were some insane thunderstorms during the boys' naptime. You know, the kind of weather where the skies look really dark gray and kinda frightening?  I was a tad nervous about the weather, and needed some distraction.  It felt like the perfect time to stitch up a little sunshine-y flower pin.

*Joel Dewberry Lodge Lattice Fabric in Vintage Yellow
 I used this tutorial over at Joyfolie for the outer petals and this tutorial from Positively Splendid for the center felt bloom. I'm excited to attach this little beauty to the strap, or pehaps the belt of this dress (which, admittedly, is still hanging in my closet with the tags attached!).

*Anthropologie In an Instant dress
 Have you made anything pretty lately?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love the flower! Nap time is my favorite time to indulge my creative side :)

Danielle said...

That looks like it was made for that dress! Now I want the dress and the flower! Where did you get the dress?

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Thanks, Danielle! I added source info to the captions of the flower and the dress, but I'm afraid the dress is probably sold out.