Wednesday, December 14, 2011

{ a bit of hall decking }

Just thought I'd give you a little peek into our home that's dressed up a bit for Christmas.

I like to change the look of our tree from year to year.  Does anyone else do this?  Last year ours was green and silver with black and white silhouette ornaments.  I went with a sweets-themed tree this year. Yum.


I borrowed most of these beautiful ornaments from my sis.  They are so lovely.  But they are also glass, and therefore NOT the least bit kid friendly. We've had one chocolate-dipped strawberry casualty.  


  I'm really digging my sweater sleeve trees.  Jack had several suggestions for the mantel.


He insisted it needed presents. 


Sparkly ones, he said ;)


Both kiddos helped with our felt wreath.


And I crafted up a few more pillows too.  


With a fire going, warm cocoa in hand, and Frosty the Snowman on the TV, it feels like our own little cozy, colorful, and warm Christmas wonderland. 

h a p p y   w e e k e n d !

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Your home is so cute and cozy...great job. Merry Christmas.

Jamboree of Whitley Bay said...

Absolutely love your theme - total Christmas candy heaven, love the colours and designs.

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

love that bench and your mantle and tree....everything!!! so happy to get to see you soon!!!

Jessie said...

It all looks so cute! I love your trees on the mantel. The "sweets" tree is a great idea also. I also change my tree every year. I look forward to a new color scheme every year. :)

The Super Seven said...

Wowsers!!! Your house looks amazing......I love the candy decorations. I'm sure they wouldn't last more then a day around my zoo!!