Friday, July 23, 2010

{ excellent entries }

Wouldn't you just love to walk in the front door and be greeted by one of these welcoming spaces?

But, alas, this is what greets me when I come in the front door. Yikes. Adding some order and charm to this little spot is next on my project list. As you can see, I've got my work cut out for me! How great is the plastic purple, teal and pink coat rack? Get this. This little number was left behind by the previous home owners, and when hubby painted this wall, he deemed it a good plan to remove this rack, paint, then reattach it to the wall. Um, thanks, dear. His argument is that we actually are using it, so clearly it was a good idea on his part. I'll show him. I've got a plan.

I already have a bench (albeit in need of a coat of white paint) that looks a lot like this. It'll be the perfect spot for parking my squirmy toddler when it's time to don our shoes before dashing out the door.

I'll need to make a cushion. I want to use a fabric like this.

Or maybe this one. I'm always a sucker for damask.
I picked up a simple shelf like this for a steal at eight bucks. Eight!

I'm thinking of framing this etsy print and putting it on top of the shelf.

And possibly this sweet bird family print too.


I'd love these lacy baskets from The Container Store for storing shoes and such.


Adoring this cool mounted initial from Anthropologie.

That's all I have so far. I'll keep you posted on my progress :)

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I only wish I could be as organized as those rooms are! How pretty!

Kelli said...

You really have a great eye. I love that second entry and the fact that you got that shelf for $8!! Good luck and have fun.

Carmen said...

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to see pics of the finished project!

Anya said...

Can we run a B&B together one day? Would LOVE to decorate a place with you! ; )

I love all those entry cabinety/hanging pieces too. I drool when I see them in catalogues. I need to organize my laundry room, but I know that if I had those beautiful pieces of organizational furniture, I would just drown them in my crap.
; )