Tuesday, May 17, 2011

{ chalkboard door }

I finally got around to painting my interior garage door with chalkboard paint.  This icky door was in need of a lot of love.

Yikes. 
But, now it's the perfect spot for:

visitors to show off their artistic abilities... 


showing off to your little bro that
you can write your name...


and every day ordinary kitchen business...


I even finally typed up my own grocery list template.  I've been wanting to do that for like, I don't know... FOREVER. 
 It sure does make life easier!


I got the idea for this here originally.   I tweaked it to fit my own shopping needs.  If you're interested, you could download mine *here, and make changes as necessary.  Easy peasy.
I also hung up these fun wire letters that I picked up from Urban Outfitters on clearance. 
They were $3 each! Score.


Now I love seeing this view as I zip out
the door for the day's activities.

* Google docs doesn't have any cool fonts, and they removed my formatted check boxes, so if you'd like my exact grocery list (editable), leave me a comment with your email, and I'll happily send it to you :)

**Update: I uploaded a PDF of my list too :)

11 comments:

Carmen said...

Love it Rachel! Great idea. I love the menu board...I had a white erase one in my kitchen, but it was more of a pain than what it was worth. Cleaning it off was hellish. But a chalkboard may be right up my alley. Miss you sweets! Hope to chat with you soon.

Kristy said...

Crafty, of course! I think I love chalkboards as much as our kiddos do! Yes please, send me your grocery list!

Kristy - thevnest

Jessie said...

Looks Great!

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

we have a "B" just like that! love those letters. i wish i had gotten more. please email me a copy of your grocery list! i really need that! the door looks amazing. i just love chalk board paint. our entire powder room, minus the white bead board, is painted in black chalk board paint. it's such a fun place to leave notes to each other. "wash your hands", "please flush", etc. fun!

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

oh, and i love how lauren from pure style home, painted her refrigerator in black chalk paint. she couldn't afford a new frig. so they just painted the old one. brilliant!!!! seriously love that stuff.

Laura said...

This is a great idea. My pantry door could use this treatment. I love that Jack and Grant can play together while you are busy around the kitchen. Miss you guys!

Oh, and yes, please send me a copy of your list.

Thanks!

Lisa said...

Love Love Love before and afters. Looks G R E A T !!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love chalk board paint, and I love this idea! How do you use the grocery list? Just check off what you need to buy?

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Beth-that's exactly right. Whenever I run out of something, I just check the box on my list. So easy!

IHeart Organizing said...

Your project turned out just divine, I am so giddy excited that you adore it, that's the best feeling after a time investment like that!

Thanks so much for sharing!

xoxo,
Jen

Tammy said...

just downloaded your list ;)