Monday, May 16, 2011

{ shut the front door }

Spring always has me thinking about the exterior of houses, landscaping and curb appeal, in general.  While, we don't have the budget for a major overhaul right now, I've been thinking I'd like to paint our exterior door, add some plants in vibrant-colored pots, and maybe even some new house numbers to help give a much needed shot of beauty to our sad, little front stoop.  I'm thinking BOLD.
 I've found a lot of inspiration out there.
The soft color of this yellow door is so sunny and sweet.


A nice subdued blue could be nice.


 This fantastic green door is sort of iconic because it was on the cover of Blueprint Mag awhile back.  Sniff, sniff.  Still grieving about the demise of that excellent publication.


Wow. I would paint my home these exact colors if I thought I could get the Mr. to agree to it.
This is absolutely perfect, in my opinion.


Unfortunately, our home is sort of an annoyingly indecisive gray tone, so I think we need to go BIG or go home with color to really make an impact. I've had this image tucked away for inspiration for a while, and I love everything about it. 

In fact, I already own that adorable plaid mat, so I'm practically halfway there already, right?

Riiiight? ;)

Does spring have you thinking about curb appeal?  Do you have any outdoor home improvement projects underway or on your mind?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

That yellow door with the six windows is my dream door!