Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{ farewell to a furry friend }

My sister lost her beloved Boston Terrier, Maximus, over the weekend.  I'm positively heartbroken for her.  He was such a sweet, irresistible, lovable fellow.  My sis and I worked together to rescue sweet Max from a terrible situation almost exactly five years ago.  On the day I arrived to pick him up from his previous owners (it's hard not to use the word captors here), he was sulking in a crate in the corner of a tiny, filthy laundry room.  There were open paint cans all around his crate.  His bedding was disgusting, and he had no food or water in sight.  He was emaciated beyond belief, and he was suffering from several skin and nail infections.  My sister and her fiance did a superb job nursing him back to good health, and he flourished in his new home.  He spent his days playing, sleeping and tolerating the shenanigans of his constant playmate, and 'sister', Luci, the Boston Terrier.  He was a kind, quiet soul - always there, wordless, faithful, ever-available with a slobbery lick and a warm, furry body to snuggle up to. 
We love you and miss, sweet boy. 


"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers

Give your pets an extra hug today :)

5 comments:

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

oh, sweet boy. so sad for you and your sister. :(

kimberly wagner photography said...

I will be giving mine some hugs and kisses... Rest in Peace, Max. we love you and miss you tons...
Frankie reminds me so much of Max its crazy.

Unknown said...

So so sad for your sister. My heart broke reading the story. I will give my puggle extra hugs & kisses today.

Jessie said...

I am so sorry to hear this. It is heartbreaking to lose a pet. They truly are part of the family.

Unknown said...

eltics jerseys
cheap oakley sunglasses
adidas sneakers
mbt
polo ralph lauren outlet
pandora charms outlet
michael kors outlet
clarks shoes for women
cheap oakley sunglasses
hermes bags
xushengda0523