Monday, November 7, 2011

{ i spy a diy - jewel jar cardigan }


Do you collect bits and bobs of sewing or crafty supplies?  I definitely do.  I have oodles and oodles of ribbons, laces, trims, fabric scraps, and about a bazillion buttons .  Buttons are, by far, my favorite goodies to collect.  I'm especially partial to the yummy, sparkly, vintage-y
variety of crystal buttons. I just love the way these beautiful buttons can be used in endless ways to add interesting details to so many things.  I've been known to snatch up an otherwise ugly thrift store sweater for the sole purpose of salvaging its lovely buttons.  I added a handful of colorful crystal buttons in different shapes and sizes to a plain, ol' black cardi, and I really like the fancified version.


Do you have a fascination/obsession/hoarding issue with buttons too? ;)