Friday, November 11, 2011

{ spreading sunshine - week 2 }


I'm really pleased that I started this diddy on my little blog.  It's been the perfect daily reminder to me and my kiddos to go the extra mile when it comes to kindness and doing things for others.
  Here's the bit of sunshine we've been spreading this week:

Donated items and helped organize Happy Jack's preschool food drive.  I am sore from bagging up so many big bags of canned goods and boxes of pasta.  But it's a wonderful feeling knowing that we have helped to fill the tummies and hearts of some local families in need.

Turned a trip to the playground into a "beautify the park" mission. My boys and I raced around to see who could pick up the most pieces of litter.  When we left, the playground was trash-free! Yay!

Paid for the car behind me in the Starbucks drive-thru.  I have been the lucky recipient of this delightful surprise three times now!  It was such an unexpected treat to be ready to hand over my cash, only to be told that my order was already paid for.  It felt terrific to be able to do this for someone else. 

There has been a kindness revolution happening in bloggy world lately!  I have been so inspired by The Happy Day project happening over here.   And there's so much good happening over here too. 

Been spreading sunshine too?  Please do share!

h a p p y   w e e k e n d !

6 comments:

Kim said...

You are so inspiring Rachel! I am going to make it my mission to spread some sunshine this weekend :)

Jessie said...

Cody jumped our neighbors car this morning and gave her our extra set of jumper cables because hers were stolen out of her car this week. I believe in karma. You should always spread good karma to people! :)

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

AWESOME, Kim and Jessie! Thanks for the love ;)

Poppies and Poetry said...

Love this posting series. It is so very inspiring Rachel!

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying it, Chris. It's certainly been a great kick in the pants for me! ;)

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

so happy that you decided to do this! what a great time of year too!