Friday, June 24, 2011

{ friday focus - grown up gingham }

Summer always has me giddy about gingham. This all-American classic pattern typically conjures up images of darling little girls's dresses or picnic tablecloths.  But today'gingham offerings can be so wonderfully versatile. Gingham can be all-out country, or completely fresh and modern, depending on how it's used in a space. These images show how decidedly sophisticated good ol' gingham can be.

House and Home
House and Home
Source Unknown
Martha Stewart
House Beautiful
Source Unknown
Lars Bolander
What do you think?  Are you digging this new, glamorous side of gingham, or does it still make you think of homespun frocks and cottage-style draperies?

h a p p y  w e e k e n d !

3 comments:

thepaisleytab said...

I love this post! I have always been a HUGE fan of gingham. It's one of those prints that will always be around - I love that! I just made a wristlet this week with gingham.

Kelli said...

I adore gingham...and cottages :)

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Hip, hip, hooray for gingham! I love it too, ladies!