Monday, June 13, 2011

{ primed for the picking! }

Going strawberry picking sounds like a wonderfully idyllic summertime activity, doncha think?   I pictured me and my little guys happily gathering delicious, fresh, sun-warmed strawberries by the quart-full.  How reality differs! On our recent trip to a strawberry patch with some great friends, we were reminded just how much hard work it really is.  First of all, it was HOT.  Like, really darned hot.  Then there was the fact that the really ripe berries were hard to find.  After what seemed like an eternity of picking, this is what we'd managed to harvest....
Oh, well.  We made sure to buy a few extra of the already-picked variety
 at the farmstand. I wanted to have enough to make some homemade jam.

I thought it would be a cute idea to wear my strawberry print, peep-toe skimmers.  I naively thought they wouldn't get too awfully dirty.
 I was wrong.

 But we did have a lot of fun though, and we made some memories, and that's what really matters, right!?

Somebody did FAR more sampling than picking!


Last one.  I promise, mom ;)

 Big brother was working hard for his berries, but he also made some time for some dandelion wishes.

Whew! Those ruby red cheeks are a giveaway to just how hot it was.


All in all, it was a lovely summer morning with some of our best friends.

 
What a fun day!


Hooray for  S U M M E R!

1 comment:

Jamboree of Whitley Bay said...

Looks like a fabulous time was had by all at the patch, who can resist strawberries. May a year since I strawberry picked, your post brought back memories :D. Have to say wow at the wonderful new blog layout, fabulous!

E
x